Fighting the Liquidity Crisis with Anil Kesary Shah
Date: 25 Feb 2022
Event Venue: Kathmandu
- CNIYEF members got the opportunity to interact with Mr. Anil Kesary Shah (CEO, Nabil Bank) where he gave his insights into the Liquidity crisis that Nepal faces. It was a tightly packed 1.5-hour session which saw his perspectives on a variety of issues.
- Key Takeaways:
- Nepal should capitalize on tourism which can come in several forms – International tourists, medical tourism, etc.
- Nepal Government should look at ways to incentive FDI in alternate forms such as attracting international matches.
- Manufacturing in Nepal can help convert Nepal from import dependency to self-reliance, which will in turn help support the BOP crisis.
- Pegging of INR to NPR has helped stabilize NPR at times of crisis such as now.
- He shared very interesting stories from the past, which only solidified his solutions. The biggest takeaway remains that this is the time to act, as individuals – each of us should contribute to steering Nepal into a bigger and a better economy in the coming years.
Artificial Intelligence with Fusemachines
An impactful event with Fusemachines, a Nepali-born company reshaping the world with AI. We got to e...View Event
📜 Chapter Turned, Yet More to Write! Inspiring leadership at AGM 2023 - Honorable Finance Ministe...View Event
Joint tree plantation event between CNIYEF and Global Shapers
Uniting for a Greener Future: CNIYEF and Global Shapers Join Forces for Tree Plantation Drive. St...View Event