Fighting the Liquidity Crisis with Anil Kesary Shah
Date: 25 Feb 2022
Event Venue: Kathmandu
- CNIYEF members got the opportunity to interact with Mr. Anil Kesary Shah (CEO, Nabil Bank) where he gave his insights into the Liquidity crisis that Nepal faces. It was a tightly packed 1.5-hour session which saw his perspectives on a variety of issues.
- Key Takeaways:
- Nepal should capitalize on tourism which can come in several forms – International tourists, medical tourism, etc.
- Nepal Government should look at ways to incentive FDI in alternate forms such as attracting international matches.
- Manufacturing in Nepal can help convert Nepal from import dependency to self-reliance, which will in turn help support the BOP crisis.
- Pegging of INR to NPR has helped stabilize NPR at times of crisis such as now.
- He shared very interesting stories from the past, which only solidified his solutions. The biggest takeaway remains that this is the time to act, as individuals – each of us should contribute to steering Nepal into a bigger and a better economy in the coming years.
Family Business Management
Family Business - Often a topic of discussion in Nepal! CNIYEF had an opportunity to interact wit...View Event
Start-up Fest 2022
Get ready for the biggest Startup Fest in Nepal. Join us, June 25, The Soaltee Hotel. #StartFor...View Event
Coffee with Gagan Pradhan
An evening with Gagan Pradhan, an innovator at heart. A pioneer in the Coffee business in Nepal, Gag...View Event
How Xiaomi took over the Nepal market in just 3 years?
Saurabh Kothari and his team entered Nepal market just 3 years back and today Xiaomi is the #1 smart...View Event